Today, once again, we awaken to smokey skies in North State, California. We’re in the Sacramento region.
There are two major wildfires – one called the Mendocino Complex Fire that is the largest in California history – burning more than 100 miles (160 kilometers) north of Sacramento and another huge fire near Yosemite National Park a little farther to the southeast….CBSlocal.com
In this entry:
- Endangered Species Act of 1973
- Spotted Owl Hysteria and the Death of Oregon’s Lumber Industry
- Russia’s Environmental Green Cross International Schemes
- Global Warming Hoax is A Communist Scam
- April 22 is Vladimir Lenin’s Birthday . . . and Earth Day.
- Russia’s Green Cross has offices in 5 U.S. cities, aka Global Green USA
- We thank Sovietologist Natalie Grant Wraga (deceased)
Personal Recollection of the Endangered Species Act of 1973, the Oregon Spotted Owl that Destroyed the Timber Industry and Today’s Forest Mismanagement That Is Now Destroying California’s Forests
I did honest secretarial work in the Oregon lumber industry from 1976 to 1980. I worked at Fibrex & Shipping, a wood chip exporter, primarily to Japan; and I worked at Pope & Talbot, a lumber manufacturer. Both in Portland, Oregon. I remember daily news stories about the do-gooders: tree sitting protests, tree spiking to prevent harvest, the confusion. I sadly remember the loss of jobs and the move of Georgia-Pacific Lumber to Atlanta from Oregon. Huge, huge changes brought on by Left-wing extremists.
Mismanagement of Forests
Here are the facts.
For years Congressman Tom McClintock (R) has warned Congress about forest mismanagement as the cause of catastrophic fires in California.
The bureaucratic tangle caused by our so-called environmental laws has reached the point that even dead trees on public lands that threaten to fall on power lines and cause major forest fires cannot be removed without permission from federal bureaucrats. To add insult to insanity, when the bureaucracy denies or delays permission and a fire results, the cost of the fire is paid by the utility’s customers through higher household electricity bills.
“California Fires: Government Policies, Not Global Warming.” The New American Magazine. 08/07/2018.
“Burning Up the West: Feds, Greens Cause Catastrophic Fires.” The New American Magazine. 08/24/2013.
Oregon’s Lumber Industry: The Remains
Pope & Talbot, established in 1849, was shuttered in 2008.
Pope & Talbot, Inc., one of Oregon’s last remaining publicly-held makers of forest products, shuttered its doors Friday, after a Delaware court ordered the bankrupt company to turn its mills over to a court-appointed trustee for liquidation.
The Chapter 7 court ruling, which follows a six-month long attempt to reorganize and find buyers for the company’s remaining mills, leaves 180 workers in Oregon jobless as of Friday. The fate of 700 workers in British Columbia will be decided in a separate hearing in Vancouver, B.C. on Saturday.
At the Halsey pulp mill, about 90 miles south of Portland, workers ground the last wood chips and dried the remaining pulp for storage. Many workers, who discovered Wednesday that the mill could close as soon as the end of the week, still hope that a buyer will come forward to reopen the mill.
“We’re leaving the mill in good shape and setting it up in case we do start up again,” said Tim Ysen, 47, who started working at the mill at age 18. “But who knows, we may never come back. I don’t even know if my work sheet this week will turn into a paycheck.”
The fall of the 160-year old company leaves many parties – banks, creditors, shareholders and workers- scrambling for the remaining assets. Mark Rossolo, who acted as the company’s spokesman over the past six-months of turmoil, said he would likely no longer be commenting for the company.
Workers at the Halsey mill were told Thursday that they would no longer have health insurance or Cobra health insurance and would likely not receive any outstanding vacation pay or severance package.
“The Chapter 7 filing hurts the workers more than anything,” said Ernie Lamoureux, a staff representative of the United Steelworkers Union, which represents 140 Halsey workers. “There’s no protection for them.”
Climate Change Scam: Russia’s and Gorbachev’s Master Plan To Cripple America’s Industrial, Economic, and Military Strength
Did you know that Mikhail Gorbachev, the communist leader of the former Soviet Union, is a leading environmentalist? He’s an “environmental Marxist,” hat tip to Cliff Kincaid.*
- At the United Nations in 1988, he called for a halt to humanity’s “aggressions against nature.”
- “Technology has not only failed to ease the conflict between man and nature,” Gorbachev argued, “it has aggravated that conflict . . . The crisis of civilization that we see today is a crisis of the naive belief in the omnipotence of humanity.”
- Established Green Cross International, a post-Soviet “green planet” scheme to control industrial nations, weaken their economy, and destroy their militaries.
Did you know that Al Gore attended the first Green Cross conference?
That is significant. Gore’s father was a friend and colleague of communist Armand Hammer.
Have you ever wondered why Black politicians are suddenly passionate about “Climate Change?”
Reason: Former President Barack Obama, Senator Cory Booker and Van Jones, a communist, are environmental Marxists. In times past, only Whites were passionate about it.
What? Vladimir Lenin’s birthday is the very same day as Earth Day, April 22?
“The first Earth Day was April 22, 1970, the centennial of the birth of Vladimir Lenin, Bolshevik godfather, architect of the communist totalitarian state.” Paul Kengor, author. Quoted in “Big Dupes at Big Peace: Earth Day Dupes,” Breitbart.
What Is the Green Cross International?
Pictured: Mikhail Gorbachev
Green Cross International’s roots can be traced back to President Mikhail Gorbachev’s time in office as Head of State of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, a period during which he spoke repeatedly about the interrelated threats humanity and our Earth face from nuclear arms, chemical weapons, unsustainable development, and the man-induced decimation of the planet’s ecology.
In October 1987, five years before the first Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro, Mikhail Gorbachev addressed a gathering in the Arctic city of Murmansk, and for the first time linked the concepts of environmental protection, nuclear disarmament, broader security concerns and development.
On 19 January 1990, in Moscow during an address to the Global Forum on Environment and Development for Survival, Mikhail Gorbachev suggested creating an “international Green Cross that offers its assistance to States in ecological trouble.” In other words, the world needed a body that would apply the medical emergency response model of the International Committee of the Red Cross to ecological issues, and expedite solutions to environmental problems that transcend national borders.
Alexander Likhotal, President of Green Cross International. “We need a real revolution.” He wants to curtail using natural resources.
Authentic “Russian Meddling:” Global Green U.S.A. is a member of the Russia’s Green Cross Network
Global Green USA
Finally, Our Thanks To Sovietologist Natalie Grant Wraga
- Natalie Grant Wraga’s papers have been declassified.
- * She revealed Gorbachev’s climate change schemes: “Why the Russians conceived the Global Warming scam.” By Cliff Kincaid. Accuracy in Media. This disinformation theme has been embraced by the liberals now claiming to be tough on Russia.Don’t take my word for it. When Natalie Grant Wraga died in 2002 at the age of 101, The Washington Post recognized her expertise as a Soviet expert, noting that she was “born in czarist Russia, saw great upheaval in her native land and became an expert in unmasking Soviet deception methods for the State Department…”
- In her 1998 article, “Green Cross: Gorbachev and Enviro-Communism,” Wraga, who dropped her last name and wrote under the byline Natalie Grant, explains in detail how the Soviet deception campaign, using the climate as an organizing tool, was developed. It was launched after the so-called collapse of the Soviet state, when Mikhail Gorbachev, the last Soviet president, embarked on an environmental crusade, using the United Nations and other international organizations.